Grants & Awards for Scientists
We are trying to support scientists with everything we do:
- With our range of reagents that are around half the price of most other suppliers,
- With comprehensive resources on the Hello Bio Blog to help researchers with paper writing, wellbeing, presentations & so much more
- With the annual Lab HeroesTM awards, where we recognise the unsung heroes of the scientific research world.
- And, with financial support for scientists - conference sponsorships, travel grants & early career scientist grants
Please find below the Scientist Grants & Awards currently available from Hello Bio:
Early Career Scientist Grants available now - it's easy and quick to apply!
Every month we will carry out a draw and award a grant of $500 to an early career life scientist to support them with their scientific career. The grant can be used for anything that will help your scientific career - examples could be:
- Fees associated with publishing in open access journals (eg. Article Processing Charges).
- Virtual conference registration fees
- Travel expenses to a conference
- Career support sessions with Chaperone
- Or anything else to help support your research & career!
In addition, grant winners will also receive a 5% discount voucher for three career development sessions with Chaperone.
There are no complicated rules or terms and conditions – there are just a few requirements:
- you need to be a current life science post-graduate or post-doctoral researcher, and you must have received your highest degree (BSc, MSc or PhD) within the past 10 years
- you must provide a description of what the money will be used for
- and after you have submitted your application, we will need a short statement from your supervisor / PI to confirm your application.
Assuming that the above requirements are met, your application will be entered into a draw and the winner will be selected at random. We will post the winner's details on our blog here.
If you need more information, please see our Early Career Scientist Grant FAQs
Terms and Conditions
- One Early Career Scientist Grant award will be allocated every month.
- A draw will be made on the first Thursday of each month. Anyone who has submitted an eligible application in the month prior to the draw will be included.
- You may only enter one application per month.
- You may enter each month but to be fair to all - if you win an award, you will not be eligible to enter again for a period of 12 months.
- If you wish to enter each month, you must resubmit your application each month. However supervisor statements do not need to be re-submitted each month.
- Winners will be notified immediately and announced monthly.
- Winners must respond to our communication within 4 working days or the grant will be offered to another entrant.
- If winners intend to use the grant for publishing or presenting, we ask that you acknowledge Hello Bio's financial support on your poster, or in your paper, and to please send us a copy upon publication.
- As is usual with these sorts of things - we do reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.