Ethical Policy - Animal Welfare
- We are committed to ensuring that products we sell have been produced using the highest ethical standards.
- We are committed to implementing the 3Rs (reduce, replace, refine) into all of our activities.
- We ensure that all of our suppliers conform to standards equal or greater to that detailed in the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and European Union Directive 2010/63/EU.
- We ensure suppliers have robust policies for humane handling and husbandry with enrichment provided to all animals and 24hr veterinary cover available.
- We require our suppliers to be subject to regular inspections by regulatory authorities and by Hello Bio.
- We require our suppliers to follow robust technical standards for immunisation and production of antibodies including:
- Strongly discouraging the use of Freund’s complete adjuvant.
- Setting of strict limits for immunisation volumes and injection locations.
- Setting of strict limits on the number and interval of immunisations
- Setting of strict limits on blood withdrawal following NC3Rs guidance
If you would like more details on our commitment to animal welfare during antibody production please contact firstname.lastname@example.org